Saturday, November 14, 2009

The never ending shawl project...



Gosh, I really bit off more than I could chew with this project. I thought oh, wonderful a shawl to create that is simple! But what I didn't anticipate was how hard working with this material would be. I found this Bernat Matrix yarn at a discount shop and bought loads of it. It is a discontinued yarn now, but a fabulous material. Shimmers and shines, very light and is ribbon like.

So I started this at the beginning of summer because it was such a light material and it wouldn't be a project that would make you too hot while working on it during the warmer months. I made many mistakes and it took me a while to get use to working with the material at hand. But in the end this has turned out beautiful. I just finished it in early November.

I like the way the material is almost liquid like and flows so nicely over your shoulder. This shawl would be absolutely stunning over  a simple black dress or suit. Would add a touch of warmth on a cool day. I can see this on going with someone on a cruise or even for New Year's Even parties!

Since I had loads of this yarn...I will be making more shawls and light scarfs. I am postitive the next one will go much quicker now that I have some ideas of how to manipulate the yarn. Look to http://FibersStudio.etsy.com for more items for sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment