Friday, July 29, 2011

Creating for a Great Cause

Hand-Tatted Black Pearl Cotton & Silver Glass Beaded Jewelry Set


I created this hand-tatted lace & glass beaded jewelry set for a great fundraiser called Dignity and Grace Art Benefit here in Lexington, KY. The actual benefit will be this Sunday July 31st from 4-10p.m.  at The Hive, 156 DeWeese Street. Proceeds go to benefit the Alzheimer's Association and the Best Friends Adult Day Center. Work from the tattooers, craftsmen, and fine artists from all over the world. The BOX food truck will be setting up and donating all its profits to the charities. The Rough Customers, Accident Prone, Jeremiah Duncan, Seith Miller, and Frank Rocket will be providing the music. Great time for Great cause!!!

Hand-Tatted Pearl Cotton & Glass Beaded Necklace


I was so excited to hear about this benefit when my friend Kirsten told me a few months ago because several people I love have suffered through this debilitating disease as well as the family members taking care of them.

Hand-Tatted Pearl Cotton & Glass Beaded Bracelet (I added another flower to it to fit adults)


It's a hard subject to talk about for me because, like I said, I've watched people I love and look up to slip away little by little. I understand the process and it makes sense, but emotionally it takes a toll on those we love and us too. With help from support groups and other organizations so much more these days can be done to help everyone along. Do be afraid to ask for help. It's important to realize that.

Hand-Tatted Pearl Cotton & Glass Beaded Earrings (The set is with silver beads above)


I hope the jewelry set does well and helps someone out the way my family has been helped over the years. I am honored to be part of such a great art benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment