Thursday, April 15, 2010

Gearing up as an exhibitor!

Yes, gearing up for my first art show as an exhibitor with FibersStudio. I am excited also because I am getting to help with special exhibits for children. I will be teaching weaving—a simple coin/treasure pouch on a cardboard loom. I have been making the looms for days! Should have 100 packets that include the loom, instructions and yarn for the project ready by Sunday.

The Art Expo 2010 has painting, pottery, photography, digital photography, jewelry & clothes designing, etc. A lot for people to do with many age ranges in mind.

I am not nervous at all. Basically I am looking to this experience as just that...experience. It's hard to gage how much to take or even what will sell. I am fully aware that I may sell nothing, but just getting my name out there is going to help me in the long run. That is part of the reason why I am doing this. So my business will grow a bit.

So, I have my knitted scarves ready to go, and woven shawl with hand-painted glass beads, a hand-dyed & hand-woven wall hanging, and finally a wide woven table runner. Plus 6 woven baby blankets. I'll probably go ahead and take the few bits of paper products too. So there is some variety.

What I am trying to decide on is if I want to take orders on items-most likely shawls and scarves. So tonight and tomorrow I will be figuring out if I should attempt this. If I do, I will most likely have a picture of the end product and then samples of the yarn next to it to choose from.

I think though I'm most excited to see people I haven't for a while. This is taking place in Charleston, WV and I grew up there from 8th grade on and went to Marshall University. So I am hoping to see some friends.

I'll let you know how things went and take pictures too!

No comments:

Post a Comment