Monday, September 20, 2010

Have a Cowl Man!

Oh Cowls...the new rage. At least for me they are. I have been thinking about making cowls for about two years now. They are so nice to wear as a scarf wrapped around your neck or even pulled up over your head like a hood. Very nice addition to a wardrobe especially if you live in a cold climate where you need that extra warmth!

Drapes beautifully around your shoulders and neck.

So far I have created two and I like they way they turned out. The first is the Autumn Cowl. Nice rusty reds and oranges with some teals, yellows and greens throughout. I didn't knit this one in the round, but instead I just knitted a rectangle. Then I sewed up a seam to join the two shorter sides of the rectangle creating a tube.

The cowl worn as a hooded piece. 
I knitted my next cowl in the round with circular needles. So much fun! A little harder to keep track of where I was so I put a safety pin in where I started. Worked like a charm! So instead of buying all those little plastic stitch holders that are expensive there is a tip...safety pins do the same thing! I have named this cowl Orange Crush. It is so very soft and really flows well.

The Orange Crush cowl worn as a scarf.
Love them! I am going to make one for me even which just doesn't happen, but I am determined to have a black one in the softest material like Orange Crush.

Take a look around out there on Etsy. There are tons of style... so big that loop a couple times around you, some are narrow and just for your neck, some are very open weaves and look just gorgeous! There are also a lot of free patterns out there if you do a search.

So "Have a Cowl Man!" and make a fashion statement this year with you wardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment