Thursday, May 20, 2010

The never ending blanket!

Oh what a time I have had with this one. It's a gorgeous blanket and exactly what I wanted, but it took me almost 3 years to finish it!

I got the idea from my husband. He wanted a blanket that would cover him from head to toe and very soft. So, I found this great yarn that was fuzzy and wonderful on sale. I located my circular knitting needles and got started. I took it with me when I was waiting for my kid's therapy to be over, waiting for my kid to get out of school in the pick up line, and everywhere else when I had a break or time to knit for a bit.

So, why complain about it. Well, it really isn't the project that I disliked. It was the amount of time I was taking to do it. It's simply knitted and pearled. I reversed the stitches to create some pattern and switched out colors to create a random stripe to it. Really what it was is that I told my husband that I was making it for him and felt since I had told him that I should be doing the project fast.  I couldn't seem to stay on track with this project. So it drug out for a long while. He was patient and didn't complain, but I felt since I told him that I should be getting it done! ha! Well, I think my best procrastinating self took over.  Knitting a huge blanket is very warm...so knitting in warmer weather was out!

Long story short, it is done now. I still have some ends to sew in, but I can do that when the weather turns to crisp mornings again during football season! ha!

I do love the way it came out and now my husband can cover himself from his head to completely over his toes in comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment